Tuesday, November 5, 2013

What happens if you see yourself in a painting by Monet?

During my summer trip to Chicago I was walking around the halls of the Art Institute and stumbled upon a special showing featuring some paintings by Monet. It was in that very moment that I feel in love with his work and the women in it. The delicate clothes, light colors and shapes in these women's bodies made me want to embrace my shape and also wear loads of skirts. Here I want to show you my favorite piece and some wearable  ways to do Monet in your day to day.



Here's my favorite piece by Monet: La Promenade 


I wanted to feature the greens in the paintings in the outfit and the flow of the skirt will be balanced off with the tight black top.


Light grey is a color that goes thru the seasons with ease, and if its getting cold where you live throw a coat over and some boots and you're all set.


Ultra cool and versatile, this set is so wearable you could use it for class or even for a date.




Monet, Monet
What happens if you see your self in a Monet?
Do you keep it?
She had blonde hair like me
She had that freckle I have on my back
Looking over as if she had been called
I look the same way
I wear my hair the same way
My eyes are just as green
I found myself in a Monet, should I take it home I wait?
- Aidy Y.




No comments:

Post a Comment